Recipe by Northern Cook
This is for green olive lovers! I got this recipe from a co-worker years ago and I make it every summer. It's inexpensive, easy to throw together and makes a great summer meal.
Top Review by rutowsle
I am an olive lover all the way! This was a very easy simple recipe that tastes great and everyone will love! Great for any occassion and you can easily spice to your preference. Good for picky eaters and a wonderful summer salad!
- 1 (7 ounce) boxring pasta
- 1 (7 1/16 ounce) envelope tuna in water or 1 (7 1/16 ounce) envelope canned tuna
- 1 (8 ounce) jarsliced green olives, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman's Light)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers (approximately)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water, drain, and place in large bowl.
- Add tuna, drained, to the cooked pasta. Use Albacore or Light tuna. If using canned, be sure it's packed in water - not oil.
- Add 1 jar of drained sliced green olives.
- Add 1 large diced tomato.
- Stir in 1 cup mayonnaise. **You may add more or less mayonnaise depending on your peronal preference.
- If the pasta salad seems too thick, add milk by the tablespoonful to thin.
- Gently stir the entire dish until everything is mixed well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving to chill and let the flavors blend.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Top each serving with a handful of crushed saltine crackers.