Recipe by WhoKnew?
I've never seen a stuffed pepper that had macaroni in it! This recipe comes from "The Ultimate Cooking Course", 2003.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 12 black olives, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
- 6 bell peppers (2 each ( red, yellow, green)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease shallow 8x8 baking dish & keep ready.
- Cook bacon until brown & crispy; drain on paper towels. Leave grease in the pan.
- Add onion to bacon grease & cook until softened; pour off excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes & hot pepper flakes. Cook on high until thickened (10 mins).
- Put pasta in mixing bowl and add bacon, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and olives; toss well to mix; season to taste.
- Cut stem off of each pepper; reserve "lids". Remove seeds from inside each pepper, and remove white ribs.
- Divide pasta mixture amongst all peppers. Put "lids" back on. Brush peppers all over with olive oil and set into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20-25 min or until peppers are tender.