1 hr 25 mins
I've never seen a stuffed pepper that had macaroni in it! This recipe comes from "The Ultimate Cooking Course", 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease shallow 8x8 baking dish & keep ready.
- 2Cook bacon until brown & crispy; drain on paper towels. Leave grease in the pan.
- 3Add onion to bacon grease & cook until softened; pour off excess fat.
- 4Stir in tomatoes & hot pepper flakes. Cook on high until thickened (10 mins).
- 5Put pasta in mixing bowl and add bacon, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and olives; toss well to mix; season to taste.
- 6Cut stem off of each pepper; reserve "lids". Remove seeds from inside each pepper, and remove white ribs.
- 7Divide pasta mixture amongst all peppers. Put "lids" back on. Brush peppers all over with olive oil and set into prepared baking dish.
- 8Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20-25 min or until peppers are tender.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta-Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 792.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: