Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is adapted from my 365 Ways to Cook Pasta cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 1 cup peas
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a medium skillet; add shrimp and sauté over high heat, stirring, until pink and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in scallion and garlic; add tomato and sprinkle with oregano. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Add ¼ of the pasta water to the shrimp mixture. Drain pasta.
- Toss pasta, shrimp mixture and peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe was so handy tonight. I needed something that used what I had in the pantry/freezer, and this fit the bill perfectly. Used canned tomatos and included their liquid instead of the pasta water (btw, the directions should read 1/4 cup pasta water in step 3). Also used onion instead of scallion as it was what I had on hand. Basically doubled all the sauce ingredients to use with 12 ounces of rotini. It came out a bit bland, but that is why it says to season w/ salt and pepper! Thanks dicentra!