Recipe by pittgal
I adapted several recipes to come up with this one. I have added rotisserie chicken and shrimp to the mixture for a nice summer meal.
Top Review by Cindy O.
This is my new favorite pasta salad recipe. I followed the recipe almost exactly, with only one change - I added diced green pepper instead of the sliced almonds, since I didn't have any. Really delicious!
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked drained and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced (jarred peppers work best)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons small capers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- for vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pasta, herbs and vegetables together in a large bowl.
- To make vinaigrette:.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Add vinaigrette to the pasta mixture.
- Add additional salt and black pepper to taste.
- Can be served at room temperature.