1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from the National Pasta Association. Cooking time includes 1-hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small shell pasta, cooked,rinsed with cold water and set aside
- 1 1/2 cups fennel bulbs, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup plum tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or 1/2 cup fresh dill or 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1Toss garlic, fennel and onion with 2 teaspoons olive oil and spread out evenly on a cookie sheet.
- 2Roast at 375°F until lightly browned and tender, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3Set aside the fennel and onion.
- 4In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, barbecue sauce and lime juice.
- 5Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its peel, dice and whisk into dressing.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Dice the onion, fennel and tomatoes and add to the cooled pasta.
- 8Add the olives, herbs, and dressing and toss.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- 10To serve, sprinkle with Romano cheese and crushed red chili peppers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad With Olives, Roasted Fennel and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 188.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 11.1 g