Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut in 1/4-inch chunks
- olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise (about 8 oz each)
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise (about 8 oz each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, cooked according to directions,drained and rinsed,with running cold water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- Whisk Dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in tomatoes and let stand at least 20 minutes to extract juices.
- Meanwhile heat barbecue grill, ridged cast-iron grill pan or broiler.
- Spray vegetables with cooking spray.
- Grill or broil, turning as needed, until slightly charred and tender: peppers 16 to 18 minutes; squashes 13 to 15 minutes; onions 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board.
- Cut peppers in 1/2-inch-wide strips, squashes in bite-size chunks and separate onion slices into rings (cut large rings in half).
- Add to bowl along with pasta.
- Toss to mix and coat.
- Serve at room temperature.