I love avocados and they are so good for you! This is a recipe adapted from Lindsey Williams' NeoSoul Cookbook. Cooking time is chilling time for the pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Remove the cooked pasta,drain while running under cold water.
- Place pasta in a bowl and toss the pasta with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Chill the pasta in the refrigerator while preparing the other ingredients.
- Peel and cut one avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Mince the jalapeno pepper and garlic cloves.
- Chop the parsley and cilantro.
- To make the dressing for the salad, combine the halved avocado, half of the chopped parsley, half of the cilantro, the lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are well mixed and add the 1 cup of olive oil in a steady stream until the mixture is creamy (resembling mayonnaise in consistency).
- If the dressing is too thick, add a little water to the blender to loosen it up.
- Set the dressing aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Peel 4 of the avocados, halve them, and remove the pits, and dice (I prefer larger chunks, so cut them to the size that you prefer).
- Dice the tomatoes and red onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled pasta, diced avocados, tomatoes, onion, and remaining parsley and cilantro. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the avocado dressing and mix well until all of the pasta mixture is well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Very good pasta salad. Next day I had leftovers so I cooked some hamburger with taco seasoning and made it into a taco salad (added shredded cheese and sour cream and sliced black olives on top of each serving) Hubby LOVED it. Will definitely make this again.
This salad was very yummy. All the ingredients of guacamole with pasta thrown in, great recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009.