Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Romaine lettuce in this is an unusual add-in for a cold pasta salad but it gives it a bit of a crunch.
- 1 tablespoon calorie reduced salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 avocado, mashed (2 oz)
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta (Rotini works fine)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup yellow peppers or 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss all other ingredients together.
- Mix dressing over salad.
I spiced up the avocado/yogurt mixture with creole seasoning. I didn't really measure the vegetables as I cut them up and I went a little overboard, thus ending up short of dressing. So measure things and enjoy this the way it was meant to be made.