Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Nice summer recipe that can be modified easily to suit different tastes or seasons. I have a small assortment of herbs in my garden so I used what I have. Use any combination you'd like. Toasted pine nuts would also be a good addition.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh herbs of choice (I used cuttings of fresh rosemary, chives and thyme)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Cook asparagus in a 6-8 quart pot of boiling, salted water until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Remove asparagus to large bowl. Using same water, cook peas 2 minutes. Remove and add to asparagus. Then add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- While pasta cooks pulse basil and other herbs, oil, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup feta in a food processor until chopped, then add to vegetables.
- Drain pasta. Mix together pasta and vegetable mixture. Then add parsley, scallions and remaining 1/2 cup feta and toss.