Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to put together and pretty tasty. Recipe is from Sunset.
- 1 (49 ounce) canlow-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut into thin slivers
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin slivers
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a covered 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring broth, wine, and pasta to a boil, then simmer until pasta is tender to bite, about 20 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir prosciutto with butter until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir peas and basil into soup and heat until peas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese to taste.