Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in Cooking Light magazine. An extremely good veggie dinner.
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked fusilli (short twisted spaghetti)
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, cut diagonally in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Add asparagus and peas during the last minute of cooking. Drain, place in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, saute 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, saute 1 minute. Stir in broth, whipping cream, salt and red pepper, cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Add tomato mixture to pasta mixture, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
This is an easy and very tasty recipe to make! We love it and will make it often at my house!
Excellent and beautiful! I wish I were camera-able to take a photo. So wonderful with fresh spring veggies. Great vegetarian meal or even a hearty side dish. I love Cooking Light recipes and this one is no exception. A great balance of flavor and healthfulness. Thanks for sharing!