Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a dish prepared at one of the local italian eateries. They won't give me the recipe, so I bought a huge bowl of it, took it home and dissected it so I could make it. It is very different and if you love a combination of olives, fresh tomoatoes and mushrooms, this is the dish for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine or 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked until done
- 3 cups sliced black olives
- 2 cups sliced green olives, NOT the stuffed kind
- 4 large fresh roma tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I used garlic infused olive oil)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Saute' fresh mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn heat down and add tomatoes, black olives, green olives and garlic.
- Allow this mixture to cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked, drained pasta.
- You may also sprinkle a little bit of fresh romano or parmesan cheese on top, but go lightly as the flavors of the cheese tend to overwhelm the freshness and lightness of this dish.