Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a dish prepared at one of the local italian eateries. They won't give me the recipe, so I bought a huge bowl of it, took it home and dissected it so I could make it. It is very different and if you love a combination of olives, fresh tomoatoes and mushrooms, this is the dish for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine or 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked until done
- 3 cups sliced black olives
- 2 cups sliced green olives, NOT the stuffed kind
- 4 large fresh roma tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I used garlic infused olive oil)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Saute' fresh mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn heat down and add tomatoes, black olives, green olives and garlic.
- Allow this mixture to cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked, drained pasta.
- You may also sprinkle a little bit of fresh romano or parmesan cheese on top, but go lightly as the flavors of the cheese tend to overwhelm the freshness and lightness of this dish.
This dish was extremely tasty! I was hesitant to try pasta without meat but was pleasantly surprised. Definitely worth making again
This was very pretty to look at as well as pleasing to eat. Made as directed, using linguine for the pasta. Must remember in the future to get the "pitted" olives when I get the unstuffed ones. :) There was just a tad too much oil for my taste; I'd probably lower the amount by a tablespoon or two. Oh, and of course I sprinkled a little freshly grated parmesan on top.