Recipe by Chef Milano
Adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe I found somewhere. Simply delicious. Use as many colors peppers as you can, but stay away from green. The green kind doesn't taste good in this dish.
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onion, add the garlic.
- Sauté till onion is softened, then add the bell pepper. (The pepper colors can be any but green.).
- Lower heat to medium to that the bell pepper softenens slowly. They'll become so nice and sweet that way!
- If you love garlic, add extra garlic at this point - only optional.
- Sauté for another 10 to 15 minutes until peppers are softened but still have a slight crunch.
- Add the vinegar, and stir.
- Add the basil.
- Add the grated cheese and cream cheese. If too stringy, add a little more cream cheese or milk. Stir around till all peppers are covered in the creamy sauce.
- Enjoy over pasta.