Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on an old clipping.
Make and share this Pasta Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotini pasta
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 2 -3 peaches, peeled and chopped (or nectarines)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soft style
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Cook, drain, and cool pasta.
- Let raisins stand in bowling water for five minutes. Drain.
- Combine grapes, peaches, celery, walnuts, pasta, and raisins.
- In a seperate bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt, honey, lemon peel, and juice. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add whipping cream.
- Pour dressing over fruit and pasta.
- Cover and chill for 2-6 hours.
- Moisten with a little milk if necessary before serving.
This fruit salad is absolutely delicious! The flavor of the creamy lemony dressing with flavors and textures of the soft pasta, the firm grapes, the toasted walnuts and the crunchy celery is amazing! It's like a party for your mouth! :) I picked up a "fruit pasta" at the public market and was looking for something to do with it when I found this. I used dried cranberries instead of raisins, whipped a half block of light cream cheese instead of using the spreadable type and used half and half for whipping cream. Oh, and I grated just a bit of fresh nutmeg into the dressing. Other than that, I didn't change a thing! ;) I will be making this again - a lot!