Fruit & Nut Pasta Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a delicious summertime pasta salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box ronzoni healthy harvest penne rigate
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 cups apples, chunks
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- 3. Drain pineapple; reserve 2 Tablespoons juice. Save remaining juice for beverage.
- 4. Sprinkle reserved juice over apples; toss lightly.
- 5. In large bowl, stir together pasta, pineapple and remaining ingredients except walnuts. Cover; refrigerate.
- 6. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was wonderful. Thanks for posting this recipe. I used Eddie's vegetable rotelli instead of the penne rigate. Also, I used regular mayonnaise because I didn't have the low-calorie type on-hand. And finally, I substituted mandarin oranges for the pineapple because I had some handy. Everyone loved this salad and I will make it again this summer.Reply