Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray's Magazine. Enjoy.
- 7 large eggs
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb leftover cooked pasta (cooked and preferably with sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pasta and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook until the edges begin to harden. Using a spoon or spatula, draw the cooked egg edges toward the center of the pan, letting the raw egg run to the edges of the pan.
- Continue unti the frittata is almost set, but still a little runny in the middle, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the edges of the frittata. Cut into wedges; serve hot or at room temperature.