Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is so simple it demands good homegrown tomatoes and fresh basil. Perfect for summer.
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped ripe
- 8 basil leaves, large
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, fresh and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Put a large pot of water on the boil for the pasta.
- Put aside 1 cup of the tomatoes and a couple of basil leaves.
- Puree the rest of the tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil in a blender until smooth.
- When the pasta water is boiling, stir in the pasta and cook until al dente[approx 10 minutes].
- In the meantime cut the reserved basil into thin strips.
- Drain the cooked pasta and toss it immediately with the mozzarella.
- Add the sauce and mix well.
- Top with the reserved tomatoes and basil.
- Serve immediately.
This was nice pasta dish. I sauted onions and garlic and added the tomato sauce and let it cok for a few minutes. This recipe will be great to make in the summer, when tomatoes are abundant. Made this for the pasta and potato event in the photo forum.