Cajun Pasta Fresca
This is such a yummy, spicy dinner! Sometimes, if I'm in a hurry, I will use a large can of diced tomatoes instead of chopping up the fresh. You could also add some chicken to this dish if you would like.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 13 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta water is boiling, in a large skillet over medium heat, briefly saute garlic in oil.
- Stir in tomatoes and their juice and sprinkle with salt. When tomatoes are bubbly, mash slightly with a fork.
- Stir in parsley, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Toss hot pasta with tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
We enjoyed this very much. I added two chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces that I cooked in about 1 tbsp of olive oil and seasoned with cajun seasoning and some of Emeril's Essence seasoning to the sauce right before I tossed everything together. For us, that made 4 servings (I cooked about 3/4 lb of linguine)