Marinated Cucumbers and Tomatoes
A WONDERFUL side dish to have with any meal and especially when the homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers are in season. Simple and easy preparation. Note that another choice of salad dressing is great when using this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- red onion (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinaigrette (Kraft's Seven Seas or use Kraft's Zesty Italian salad dressing)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- Peel and slice cucumbers. Slice tomatoes in one-half. Add red onion, if using.
- Place in a medium size bowl and sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- Add salad dressing and mix.
- Marinate for at least one hour to let flavors blend. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve. (Preparation time includes marinate time.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Have always enjoyed cucumber and tomato combos - this one no exception! Used little red onion rings, made up a red wine vinaigrette,and snipped in basil fresh from the garden for a wonderful side dish. Now to wait for my tomatoes and cucumbers ... that will need an extra star!Thank you for another of your recipes that make for a winner at our house. Made for the Auz/NZ August Swap.Reply
see 4 more