Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Imagine serving pasta as a dessert. It's very good chock full of raisins and nuts. If you want it to be more econonmical omit the nuts it still wonderful. Your family will thank you for making this dessert. Good cold weather treat
- 2 ounces vermicelli
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, unsalted,shelled & chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook the pasta according to instructions in unsalted water until tender and then drain and dash in cold water, drain In a large bowl combine sour cream, cottage cheese& eggs, mix well.
- Add pasta, raisins, sugar, nuts, vanilla nutmeg& cinnamon.
- Put the mixture in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, even out the top.
- Bake in 350f oven until golden brown (about 1 hour), cool for 10 minutes, Serve warm.
If it's got raisins in it, I'm interested, & this recipe also has pistachio nuts, making for a great combo! Served warm IS the way to go with this, but even cold it is good! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a thank you for a chef-with-a-camera in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]