Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
My sweet mother-in-law made this on my first visit to the Netherlands and I fell in love... with both the dish and my husband's family. Since she had been making it for years, she hadn't paid attention to the measurements and so when I asked for the recipe, she estimated. So there I was with a recipe written in Dutch, which I don't yet speak, and with metric measurements. It immediately went into my husband's paws for translation and now I'm a happy girly!
- 1 small onions or 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 10 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 5 ounces gorgonzola (not just any old bleu)
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon on a mid-low heat until crisp but not burnt, then add the onion and garlic and saute until softened.
- Fry the mushrooms separately until most of the water is out of them.
- Heat the Gorgonzola gently in a pot with the sour cream. Add a little cream if desired, then add walnuts.
- Boil the tagliatelle. When the noodles are done, add 2/3 of all the "green stuff" (parsley, chives and scallions) to the sauce.
- In a large bowl, gently mix pasta with bacon, onion, garlic, mushrooms and sauce. Sprinkle remaining green stuff over pasta before serving.