1 hr 10 mins
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
A stick to your ribs, cold weather and comfort food, just like mum used to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices chopped bacon
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups water
- 12 ounces ditalini or 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Chop the bacon, carrot, celery, onion, and parsley together.
- 2Pour the oil into a large pan, add the chopped mixture and cook over medium low heat until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- 3Stir in the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add the potatoes and water, bring to a simmer, and cook until the potatoes are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- 5Mash some of the potatoes with the back of a spoon.
- 6Add the pasta and boiling water.
- 7Cook, stirring often, until the pasta is tender.
- 8The mixture should remain quite thick, but add more water if it seems too thick.
- 9Stir in the cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta and Potatoes (Pasta e Patate)
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 301.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 15.0 g