Recipe by GreyhoundMom`
This cookie/cake like treat is wonderful at anytime of the day, week or month. You don't have to be Jewish to eat it or make it! It is really simple to whip up and it's great to let the kids help. I'll tell you all a family secret...my Mom makes a different type of a Mandel Bread recipe which I always loved until I tasted this recipe. After eating both, there is no doubt that this recipe is the winner, hands down!!
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lb margarine (2 Sticks) or 1⁄2 lb butter (2 Sticks)
- 6 eggs (OR 4 Egg Beaters Plus 2 Eggs)
- 2 3⁄4 cups cake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup potato starch
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (any type you like) or 1 cup pecans (any type you like) or 1 cup slivered almonds (any type you like)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon sugar, mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and margarine/or butter.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Sift cake meal, salt and potato starch.
- Fold in 3/4 flour mixture with sugar and margarine or/ butter.
- Add nuts and chocolate bits to remaining flour.
- Mix everything together.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Divide up the mixture to make any size loaves you desire. OR --
- Make one loaf.
- For individual loaves, bake approximately 45 minutes If you are going to make one loaf, check after 45 minutes Be careful it doesn't burn but you want to make sure the center is baked through.
- Slice while still warm -- Enjoy!