Chef Dudo's Note:
These are good for lunch, as a snack or as breakfast on a matza. Of course they can be made with flour too. I usually make a bunch and freeze them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tbs oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Fry scallions and onions 3-4 minutes until soft.
- 3Add mushrooms and garlic.
- 4Sauté over medium high heat 10-15 minutes, until liquid has evaporated.
- 5Transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool.
- 6Stir in parsley and eggs.
- 7Gradually add matzo meal until mixture has enough body to hold together during frying.
- 8Add another 1-2 tablespoons matzo meal if necessary.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Heat 2 tbs oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- 11Form each schnitzel by placing 1 heaping tbs of the mushroom mixture in the hot oil and press with back of a wooden spoon to a 3 inch diameter.
- 12Fry 3-4 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- 13Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Mushroom Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g