Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Made these last year for Passover and they were such a treat. When looking through my Passover recipes this year I came upon this again and since I could not find it on Zaar I thought I'd post it. Hope you'll like it. The prep. time does not include the "thickening" time.
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter (255g) or 1 cup margarine (255g)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons matzo cake meal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F/160 degrees Celsius.
- Roughly chop the chocolate into pieces
- Put the chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and add the one cup of butter.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until the two ingredients have melted.
- Mix well and transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Sift the sugar and matzoh cake meal together, then stir into the chocolate.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- The batter will slightly thicken.
- In the meantime, line a muffin pan with paper cupcake or grease with the 2 tbs butter or margarine.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. The brownies will still be moist when done; they will puff up and fall slightly as they cool.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
I've been making these for several years now. They are excellent. The first time I made it I was missing some ingredients and I substituted with 27 Tbsp of cocoa and 9 tsp. of oil. They came out looking like a regular brownie cupcake. My relatives were impressed because it looked and tasted like a non-Passover recipe. Since the original mistake I've made this many times and it is consistently a hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was great! I cut the sugar to 3/4 cup but will decrease it to 1/2 cup when I make them again. I found the centers very fudgy. My favorite new Passover recipe this year. Thanks for sharing.