Recipe by Chef Dudo
Made these last year for Passover and they were such a treat. When looking through my Passover recipes this year I came upon this again and since I could not find it on Zaar I thought I'd post it. Hope you'll like it. The prep. time does not include the "thickening" time.
Top Review by Funkymunky613
I've been making these for several years now. They are excellent. The first time I made it I was missing some ingredients and I substituted with 27 Tbsp of cocoa and 9 tsp. of oil. They came out looking like a regular brownie cupcake. My relatives were impressed because it looked and tasted like a non-Passover recipe. Since the original mistake I've made this many times and it is consistently a hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter (255g) or 1 cup margarine (255g)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons matzo cake meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F/160 degrees Celsius.
- Roughly chop the chocolate into pieces
- Put the chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and add the one cup of butter.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until the two ingredients have melted.
- Mix well and transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Sift the sugar and matzoh cake meal together, then stir into the chocolate.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- The batter will slightly thicken.
- In the meantime, line a muffin pan with paper cupcake or grease with the 2 tbs butter or margarine.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. The brownies will still be moist when done; they will puff up and fall slightly as they cool.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.