It's not Passover without these babies in our house!
Make and share this Passover Almond Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar (250 milliliter)
- 2 cups ground almonds (500 milliliter)
- Beat egg yolks well.
- Add sugar, and beat until mixture is lemon colored.
- Add the ground almonds and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Take small pieces of the mixture and shape into small balls.
- (I used a melon baller, for a 5/8-3/4" diameter cookie).
- Place the macaroons on a greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Top with half an almond.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Notes: These cookies spread.
- I have made up to a triple batch with good results.
- Be careful if using a food processor to powder the almonds.
- They seem to turn the nuts into almond butter, rather than a flour-like consistency.
I have been searching for this for 50 years to duplicate a childhood favorite. As soon as I saw the recipe, I knew it was what I was looking for - they were perfect, delicious and easy! When grinding the nuts in a food processor, just use part of the sugar in with the nuts, and pulse. It keeps them from becoming pasty.
Excellent macaroon recipe. Extremely easy to make and fast. If you have a small oven, bake on the short side. I need to bake for about 7 minutes and then just switch the heat off.
These were wonderful. They did seem to be very senitive to temerapture changes, as in have the oven well preheated. Also I doubled it with no problems. Thanks for the addition to my seder.