Recipe by ChefChic
This is a recipe I found on allrecipes, and I wanted to get accurate nutrition facts for it... For larger bars, cut into 12 and serve alone as a dessert.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Cut in the butter to form a crumbly mixture.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumbs, and pat the rest evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Spread evenly over the oatmeal layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the peanut butter layer, then crumble the reserved crust over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.