Recipe by Little Bee
I got this from Allrecipes and have served it many times during summer parties and it is always a hit so I posted it for the Zaar World Tour. This is what the original chef says... "If you are tired of the same old potato or macaroni salad and want raves, try this at your next picnic or pot luck! This recipe can be easily adapted depending on the veggies and dressing you use. Salad can be made the night before; however, add dressing just before serving
Top Review by vw_baby
I have been making a very similar recipe for years and love it! I usually use plain couscous and add some red onions. Sometimes I just use oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper as dressing. Delicious!
- 3 (6 ounce) packages garlic and herb couscous mix (or any flavor you prefer)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (5 ounce) jarpitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (green, red, yellow, orange)
- 1 cucumber, sliced and then halved
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Greek salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool. Stir to break up clusters of couscous.
- When the couscous has cooled to room temperature, mix in tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, cucumber, parsley, and feta. Gradually stir vinaigrette into couscous until you arrive at desired moistness.