1 hr 20 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
A tasty, make-ahead antipasto, which will please your guests, and deviates from the usual "chips-and-dips", appetizers. Served with pumpernickle cocktail rounds, sliced baguette, pita rounds or several differently shaped crackers, your guests will feel comfortable enjoying this vitamin-rich natural, delight. No left-overs guaranteed. Prep. time does not include refrigeration time to allow ingredients to "season". Can be made today for tomorrow's party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch asparagus (spears not too thick)
- 2 medium fresh carrots
- 3 fresh roma tomatoes, skinned
- 3 medium fresh zucchini
- 3 -4 cauliflower florets
- 3 -4 broccoli florets
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 -4 green onions, complete with stems
- 6 -8 medium fresh white mushrooms
- 6 -8 pitted black olives
- 6 -8 pitted green olives
- 1 fresh green bell pepper
- 1 fresh sweet red pepper
- 1 fresh orange sweet bell pepper
- 1 fresh yellow sweet pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon masala curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Put all of the Fresh Peppers in a shallow oven pan and roast, turning frequently to allow all sides to cook.
- 3Continue roasting until the skin blisters and begins to peel away from the peppers.
- 4This is the only time you will use your oven.
- 5Remove Roasted Peppers, open up, clean out the seed pod and stem, and discard.
- 6Peel the peppers, chop and place in a large bowl.
- 7In a separate bowl, whisk together, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, Splenda, curry powder and set aside.
- 8Cut about one inch off the bottoms of the asparagus spears and discard.
- 9Steam cook the asparagus spears.
- 10Do not overcook.
- 11Fine-chop asparagus and place in bowl with the peppers.
- 12Skin the Roma tomatoes, by dipping in very hot water for a few minutes.
- 13The skin will slide off easily.
- 14In your Food Processor, add the following in order, carrots, cauliflower, broccholi, zucchini, garlic, all the olives, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 15Pulse-chop, in reasonable quantities and pieces at one time, through the feed tube.
- 16It will take several processes to complete the chopping.
- 17Hand-chop green onions, and celery spears.
- 18Add to the bowl with asparagus and roasted peppers.
- 19Next, add the whisked ingredients to the bowl; salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- 20Cover and set in refrigerator to"season".
- 21When ready to serve to your party guests, give the mixture an additional turn with a large spoon.
- 22Set out in separate bowls suitable for dipping, one cup portions at a time.
- 23Sprinkle each serving with Sesame Seeds and mix carefully to blend.
- 24Serve on separate trays with several kinds of your favourite cocktail crackers for dipping.
- 25Also goes well with baked tortilla chips, and small pita rounds.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party-Size - Giardiniera/Antipasto
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g