Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I believe this is the Original Chex Party Mix. I found it in a cookbook entitled Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans & Jars. I am posting it in response to a recipe discussion request.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 3⁄4 cup salted mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Heat butter in 13x9x2-inch baking pan in oven until melted.
- Stir in seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add cereals and nuts.
- Mix until all pieces are coated.
- Heat in oven 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on absorbent paper to cool.
- Makes 6-3/4 cups.
- Note: Party mix may be frozen, so make a double batch.
- Thaw at room temperature in container in which it was stored.
Mmmmmm yummy. I only had one kind of Chex cereal on hand, and just peanuts. Doesn't seem to affect the delicious factor, though. This is a hit with everyone in the family!