Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I am always asked to bring this to parties around the holidays. I usually end up making 2 logs as they tend to go very quickly.
- Place cream cheese in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on medium (50%) 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley and nuts.
- Microwave uncovered on medium (50%) about 1 min or until cheeses are softened.
- Beat cheese mixture on low speed until blended.
- Beat on medium speed about 1 min scraping bowl constantly until fluffy.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into 6-inch log shape, using waxed paper; roll in parsley/nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours until firm.
- Serve with crackers.
It was just too oniony for us, it overpowered the cheese taste. The mixture of cheeses was good, so may try again with no onion added.
This is a wonderfully tasty appetizer that I plan on taking to some parties over the holidays. Mine firmed up just right - I like that it is not too firm, it keeps it spreadable. The flavors are just delicious and my family loved it so I'm sure everyone else I serve it to will love it, too! Thanks for sharing.
This could not be easier to fix & the flavor balance of the cheeses is excellent w/the smokiness of the Worcestershire sauce. My 1 issue was that the mixture did not get firm enough after the initial chilling period to allow for easy rolling into a log & then the pecan/parsley mix. I ended up using parchment paper to roll it & put it in my freezer for an hr b4 rolling in the pecan/parsley mix. It may be that a longer chill time (or even overnite) would correct this, but I did not have that luxury. My log was a lot bigger than I expected, but it worked very well served on lrg rd soda crackers & I esp liked using the combo of pecans + parsley vs just 1 of them. This was yummy & very pretty, Kellie. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.