Recipe by Evie*
'spiced' up parsnips..
Top Review by Bergy
Loved this recipe. We often have parsnips and I frequently semi boil them until just beginning to get soft them toss them with alittle butter add some soy sauce, just a little, to get them very brown looking. Then pop them in the oven to heat them and serve MMmmmm
- 450 g parsnips
- 35 g butter
- 25 g flaked almonds
- 15 g brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook parsnips in boiling salted water until almost tender.
- Drain well.
- When they are cool enough to handle, cut each one in half across its width, then quarter these halves lengthways.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and cook the parsnips and almonds gently, stirring and turning carefully until they are lightly flecked with brown.
- Mix together the sugar and spice, sprinkle over the parsnips and stir to mix, then trickle over the lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and heat for 1 minute.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.