Sauteed Chicken Breasts With Almonds
This is a very good recipe that keeps the chicken moist and tasty!
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 8 tablespoons butter (you can use less if you like)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds or 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Mix the flour with salt and pepper and dust the chicken breasts with it.
- Heat half the butter in a heavy pan.
- Brown the chicken breasts very slowly on both sides.
- Add the lemon juice, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and sauté gently, over low heat, until the chicken is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to pan, put first the almonds and brown over low heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook for one minute.
- Stir in the wine with the rest of butter.
- Return the chicken to pan and reheat.
- Put breasts in serving dish and spoon almonds and sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was great! I used very large chicken breasts and was in two minds whether to slice them in half or not to make sure they cooked through properly. I'm glad I didn't - the method left them cooked perfectly and super-succulent. Rather than chop the parsley I just served with a few sprigs on top.Reply