Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Recipe Source.
- 1 lb medium parsnip (peeled and halved lengthwise)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375'F. Cook the parsnips in boiling salted water until just tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Drain. Cut each parsnip lengthwise into 1/4"-thick slices.
- Place them in a buttered shallow baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake 10 minutes. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Slowly add the mustard, honey and bourbon. Cook 5 minutes.
- Brush this sauce evenly over the baked parsnips.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the parsnips under a preheated broiler to lightly brown, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.