Recipe by Bergy
These croquettes are easy to make and give another dimension to the lovely veggie Parsnip. The outside of the croquette has a nice, almost, crunch to it and is smooth inside
Top Review by Aroostook
A neighbor gave me two lovely parsnips that have been wintered over... They were soooo sweet that when I used them in this recipe they nicely balanced the hot pepper in this lovely veggie sidedish. Thanks so much for posting. =) This is a keeper!! (I'm e-mailing it to several friends. )
- 2 lbs parsnips, pared,cut into 2 inch lengths and fully cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (Optional)
- 1 pinch mace
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter or 4 -6 tablespoons lite olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Process parsnips in food processor until mixture is pureed but still has small lumps.
- Place parsnips in a mixing bowl and add Eggs, Flour,Parsley, Salt, Pepper, Mace& Jalepeno.
- Mix until well blended.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for 1 hour or until very cold.
- Shape mixture into patties 3" x 1/2" thick.
- Put 4 tbsp butter (or oil), into a skillet, heat.
- Cook croquettes apprx 8 min each side until then are well browned.
- Be gentle whrn you turn them.
- Keep warm until you serve them.