Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This recipe is my version of one by Marge Campbell of Waymart, Pennsylvania. I just dressed it up a bit. This is also good as a side dish.
- 3 cups parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard (preferably Dijon)
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- 4 tablespoons red onions, minced fine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I don't use any) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk juices, oil, and mustard until blended. Set aside.
- Place parsnips and carrots in large saucepan and cover with water, salt now if using. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until just crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and toss with onion, poppy seeds, and juice mix.
- Plate and sprinkle with chives and celery salt.
- Serve warm or at room temperture.