Recipe by Sharon123
I love using herbs in my salads! Parsley helps prevent cancer too! Adapted from Cooking With Too Hot Tamales cookbook. Feel free to add other herbs and/or lettuce if you like!
Top Review by MathMom.calif
Very nice salad. I will make this again. I have really gotten to where I enjoy the flavor of parsley. I enjoy a good tabbouleh salad. I like to add fistfuls of parsley to green salads, pasta, etc. So this suited me well. I must say that although I added the mint and cilantro, they were overpowered by the parsley and I barely noticed them at all. I think it might be worth increasing the garlic. Since it is blanched, it is very mild. I love garlic. I would go so far as to double it. I enjoyed the dressing very much. In a half recipe I added 1 chipotle chili, which made for a medium-spicy salad. Perfect for me. I like the dressing very much and would consider using it for other things as well. Or making variations on this salad with possibly other ingredients added in such as tomatoes, other greens, or peppers. This recipe does make 6 side-dish size servings. I like lots of veggies though. I ate a half-recipe all by myself for lunch along with some wheat crackers. Thanks for the recipe!
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -4 pickled chipotle pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, chopped (remove tough stems)
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, chopped (leaves only)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (leaves and tender stems only) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a small pan of lightly salted water on medium heat and bring to a boil. Add sliced garlic and blanch about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Or if you like the strong taste of garlic, don't blanch and use raw.
- Whisk together lemon juice, orange juice,salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir in minced chiles and garlic.
- Place the herbs in a large bowl. Pour on dressing and toss well to coat evenly. Enjoy!