Recipe by Brookelynne26
From the Art of the Slow Cooker by Andrew Schloss. Bacon can be substituted for the prosciutto.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) canpure pumpkin
- 2 quarts vegetables or 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over med-high heat. Add the meat and saute until crisp and frizzled, about 1 minute. Remove and reserve.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion and saute till tender(do not brown) about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook a few seconds, until aromatic. Stir in pumpkin, broth, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Transfer to slow cooker, cover and cook 3-4 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir in the cream and cheese and heat through, about 5 minute Stir in parsley and garnish with prosciutto.