Recipe by weekend cooker
This is a recipe out of a charity cookbook, I have had this, and it is delicious. I made a minor adjustment.
Top Review by teresas
Truly an enjoyable dish! I wish I had used more of the cayenne pepper because I really didn't get any heat and I love heat. I made this with bone in skin on thighs and used full fat yogurt and sour cream. Love that it made a nice creamy sauce for the chicken. Delicious! Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 (2 lb) skinless roasting chicken, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ina large glass baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, scallions, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl, mixing very well.
- Spread the mixture over the chicken and bake for 50 minutes.
- Drain off all juices.
- Sprinkle cheese on chicken.
- Preheat broiler and broil chicken 4 inches from the heat source, for 3 minutes, or until cheese melts, and browns slightly.