Recipe by newspapergal
A quick snack or appetizer with items I always have on hand. Sometimes I top these with a sprinkle of paprika for some color.
Top Review by Sandi (From CA)
I eat these quite often myself, but I use aged Gouda (hard to find the GOOD stuff in the U.S., but Old Amsterdam is one excellent brand) and omit the olive oil since there's enough in the cheese. Then I just nuke them until the cheese melts. Yummage City!
- 15 Triscuit crackers (I use reduced-fat)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 15 slices parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler to 400°.
- Place Triscuit crackers on a baking sheet. Whisk olive oil and garlic powder together*; brush onto each Triscuit.
- Top each with a slice of parmesan.
- Broil for 5 minutes, until cheese bubbles.
- *I have an olive oil mister, so I sometimes quickly spray the Triscuits with olive oil and then sprinkle with garlic. Other spices would be great too :).