Recipe by Mande-kay
This a recipe from Giada de Laurentiis on Food Network.
Top Review by SalsaGirl78
These were a hit at two different dinner parties. People at both parties kept asking me where I bought them. When I told them I made them, they nearly fell out of their chairs! These crisps are super good and fancy. I serve them standing up in glasses (tumbers or wine glasses) for a fancy presentation.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Whisk the oil, oregano, and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat just until warm.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. Brush the oil mixture over both sides of the tortillas. Stack the tortillas and cut them into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide strips. Arrange the strips in a single layer over the baking sheets. Sprinkle the cheese and salt over the strips. Bake until the strips are golden brown and crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Do-Ahead Tip: The tortilla strips can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in airtight containers and keep at room temperature.