Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a fast, easy and absolutely delicious way to make green beans. Saw it on the Food Network a while ago and it comes out perfect every time. Adjust cooking time and amount of cheese based on your personal preferences. After you've tried green beans, do the same exact recipe with asparagus or broccoli. My kids devour all 3 veggies so I always make more than we need and there aren't ever any leftovers.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread beans out evenly on a non-stick cookie sheet, doesn't have to be a single layer.
- Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper (optional).
- Spread shredded parmesan evenly over beans.
- Bake on center oven rack for 12 minutes.
- Beans will be roasted and cheese will be melted, chewy and crunchy where it laid on the pan.
Wonderful taste. I felt like I was eating french fries but it was the green beans that were so tasty with the parmesan cheese. So addictive! Thanks Doc J :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Yup, made these last night and they turned out WONDERFUL! Even my picky 6-year-old ate them right up. Only change I made was to take a pound of frozen whole green beans and steam them until defrosted and the consistancy we like. Not a big fan of overly crunchy beans. Just make sure to scrape up ALL of the cheese from the pan, as you will get melted and crunchy cheese :)
We enjoyed these cheese beans as a snake and toughly enjoyed every one as we sat and picked at them. The cheese did what DocJ said it would turning a slight golden color and making a crunchy yet gooey coating on these roasted beans. Made as written. Thanks for the post.