Recipe by **Mandy**
Simple & oh so tasty. A great one to serve with a big bowl of soup!
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a great recipe, Mandy! We all loved these garlicky and yummy rolls! They had a lovely soft interior and were so crunchy on the top. YUM!
For an extra garlic touch, I used some garlic butter in place of the ordinary one and it turned out fab!
I made half the recipe, which gave me 3 big rolls. They needed 5 more minutes in the oven than stated, but other than that were perfect.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this superb recipe with us, Mandy!
Made and reviewed for Zaar Stars November 2010.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- grated parmesan cheese (extra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour into a bowl, rub in butter with fingertips, stir in cheese, chives & garlic.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture, add combined water & milk all at once reserving about 2 teaspoons.
- Mix quickly to a soft dough, turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead gently & form into 6 rounds.
- Arrange on a baking paper lined tray. Cut a cross in the top of each roll & brush with remaining milk mixture, sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Bake at 220.C for 15-20 mins or until hollow when tapped.