Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy brown bag lunch made from leftover chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- For dressing: in a small bowl stir together mayo, lemon juice and basil. Set aside.
- For salad: Combine chicken cheese, green onion, and celery. Pour dressing over mixture; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among six slices of bread and spread to cover. Top each with another slice of bread.
This is delicious chicken salad. I left out the celery and didn't really measure any of the other ingredients - just added to taste. Lovely on toasted bread or with crackers. Thanks for sharing!
I made this with leftover turkey instead of chicken. The lemon juice, basil and Parmesan provide some interesting flavor contrasts. Really nice sandwich. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
We loved this. I used Tyson pre-cooked chopped chicken and shredded Parmesan instead of grated. Loved the fresh basil and Parmesan cheese for a change of pace. Excellent flavors. I served mine on New York Rye bread. Made for PAC 2009. Thanks for posting. :)