Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This recipe takes a simple loaf of frozen bread dough and turns it into something delicious! People always think I've made bread from scratch when I serve this. The original recipe came from Rhodes Bread, and I've tweeked it just slightly. It goes well with baked spaghetti or other pasta dishes.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (do not try to substitute the grated stuff in a green can)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Thaw bread dough (according to package directions: may take 2-6 hours) in a loaf pan.
- Combine cheese and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter and brush over top of the defrosted loaf, then sprinkle with seasoning & cheese mixture.
- Cover the loaf with plastic wrap and let rise again, until 1" above the pan.
- Bake per directions given for the bread dough until lightly browned. (Approximately 350 for 20-25min.).