Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was at a Passover dinner party and these were gobbled up by the kids and the adults. Hope you'll enjoy them too:)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil an 8x8" cake pan.
- Put the oil and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer and whip the sugar and oil for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture is somewhat creamy.
- Add eggs to mixture one at a time, beating after each egg is added for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the matzo cake meal and cocoa.
- Mix until they are incorporated into the egg, sugar and oil mixture. Do not over mix.
- Bake for precisely 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil for an hour (keeps the moisture in).
- Cut into squares and enjoy!