- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a casserole and saute the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Stir in the paprika and cumin and cook 1 minute.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the onions and sprinkle with salt.
- Pour in the broth and add the carrots.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat 25 minutes.
- Stir the tomato paste into the broth and simmer, covered, 25 minutes more until chicken is tender.
- Serve with macaroni or other pasta.