Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This traditional Spanish meal is served with eggs and hunks of bread.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1/2in dice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage
- fresh ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes. Drain and set to one side.
- Meanwhile heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy based frying pan. Gently fry the onion, peppers and garlic until golden brown and soft. Add the paprika and chorizo and increase the heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to crisp.
- Transfer this mixture to a plate and heat the remaining oil. Gently fry the potato cubes until they start to crisp, add in the chorizo mixture and combine well. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
My DH loved this recipe. I used jalapeno peppers instead of red peppers because that is what I had on hand. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. Will be making this again. Thanks for such a tasty recipe!!