Recipe by MSR
Works a treat for paper mache, just use paint brushes to get it on! We usually add a bit of food coloring so that we can see where we have painted it on.
Top Review by 5thCourse
This is the only recipe I've ever tried, so I have nothing to compare to. Easy to make, it goes on easy, cleans easy. It is not incredibly sticky, but I kind of like that for the kids. I make this often!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch (in UK and Europe) or 1⁄2 cup cornflour (in UK and Europe)
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, sugar, and vinegar in small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Separate bowl: mix cornstarch and cold water.
- Water mix to VERY LOW heat.
- Add cornstarch mixture slowly to first mixture. Stir CONSTANTLY For about 2 minutes (keep an eye on it -- you know how corn starch is).
- Take off heat and let cool. Ready to use warm for paper mache but let sit til cool if using in glue bottle etc -- .