Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very different and delightful dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh papaya seeds
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, add sugar, dry mustard, salt, papaya seeds, green onions and white vinegar.
- Process until smooth.
- On low speed, drizzle olive oil and process until well blended.
- This dressing is excellent on almost any green salad.
- Keep refrigerated in a glass jar with a lid.
Very easy to make and tasty. Excellent on grilled shrimp. Also good on chicken salad. I used white wine vinegar because that's what I had around. It's very sweet so it's good on a salad with substance.
Great Dressing! Something we usually throw out. See my review of recipe 169834 which uses part of the papaya in a salad. It is a great salad with a mixture of fruit, greens, onion, and avocado. Take a look at it. Jim in So Calif
I just made the same dressing from a very similar recipe. The only things that were different were the amount of oil (1/2 cup) and the type of vinegar (I used tarragon vinegar but white wine vinegar would also be good). I also cut the sugar down a bit and increased the papaya seeds to 2 tablespoons. Great salad dressing, and I didn't miss the extra oil!